At first I thought that it would be impossible to get Ubuntu 12.04 to be usable in my workplace environment, but after a lot of tweaking and time, I have finally made the Precise Pangolin work exactly the way I wanted.
In the following I bring a set of changes I had to do to make it work.
- The language problem (see my original post about this)
The main problem is, that by choosing Estonian as your language, then in addition to the LANG environment variable, all of the LC_* variables are set to"et_EE.UTF-8"as well. This, as I wrote earlier, makes regexp[a-z]to exclude the letters coming after "s". The original solution I used previously was to set LANG back to English"en_US.UTF-8"locale in.profile, but this has the side-effect of turning everything into English.
My current solution is much more elegant and will solve the regexp problem, while retaining the Estonian language - add these two lines into.profile:
export LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
export LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
No comments:
Post a Comment